March 23, 2002 – The position has been filled. Thank you for your interest.
The Rural Municipality of Miltonvale Park seeks a PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER.
POSITION: Property Development Officer (PDO)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Administrative Officer -Miltonvale Park
NATURE OF WORK:
This is a responsible position dealing in the administration and enforcement of the Official Plan and Zoning & Subdivision Bylaws for the Rural Municipality of Miltonvale Park. The Property Development Officer shall be responsible for advising and assisting the Planning Board and Council in policy formation and the development and implementation of the Official Plans and associated land use bylaws. The PDO is expected to function independently and to be committed to the goals and objectives of the municipalities
Note: This job description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements.
The confidentiality of affairs of the municipality shall be respected and practiced at all times.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To administer, interpret and enforce the Official Plans and associated development bylaws;
- Process development applications, including variances, subdivision applications, and development bylaw amendments, ensuring conformance with existing bylaws and policies.
- File approved plans and documents at the Registry of Deeds.
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries regarding development permits, subdivisions, the Development Bylaw and zoning.
- To provide advice and assistance in policy formation including the preparing, and reviewing of the Official Plan and associated development bylaw;
2. To prepare agendas and updates for Planning Board Meetings.
3. To provide monthly reports to Councils on development applications and to appear before Council on request;
4. To represent the Municipality at appeal hearings and in negotiations with developers and legal counsel;
5. To maintain a data base and filing system for development applications, as required;
6. To post appealable decisions in a timely manner, and file monthly reports to CMHC, Statistics Canada and the Province, and
7. To perform such other duties as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of land use planning and bylaws;
- Ability to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing;
- Experience working with computers -word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, and GIS;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with municipal officials and employees, other level of government and the general public;
- Working knowledge of the Municipal Government Act, Planning Act, and other Legislation relevant to the Zoning and Subdivision Bylaw, and
- Tact, initiative, responsibility and professional competence.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Planning Technology or a related field;
- One-year practical related experience;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Please forward your application to [email protected] as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted until an appropriate candidate is hired.
This flexible position is anticipated to start on April 4, 2022 and averages approximately 10 hours weekly; however, may vary throughout the year from 5-20 hours weekly. Some evening work may be required. Approximately five hours per week would be required in the municipal office at the Milton Community Hall (spring-fall) with the ability to work from home for the remaining hours.
Expected salary range – $22-$27/hour
- The Rural Municipalities of North Shore and Kingston are also seeking part-time development officers -and may hire the same person which could provide full-time hours for an appropriate candidate.
- North Shore – http://www.stanhopecovehead.pe.ca/
- Kingston – https://kingstonpei.ca/