Rural Municipality of Miltonvale Park – Policy on Employee Sick Leave
- This policy sets our rules governing sick leave for employees of the Rural Municipality of Miltonvale Park (RMMVP).
- Full or part-time permanent employees shall be entitled to paid sick leave accumulated at the rate of 1 day per month to a maximum of 100 days, based on the hours of a regular workday. All other employees shall be granted sick leave in accordance with the Employment Standards Act.
- At the discretion of Council of RMMVP, a doctor’s certification may be required for Sick leave taken in excess of three consecutive days.
- Permanent employees may request an unpaid leave of absence of up to one year for medical reasons, and such approval shall not be unreasonably withheld. After the end of an approved leave of absence, the employee shall be entitled to return to work, if medically able to perform his/her work duties.
- All sick leave must be approved by the Mayor or the Chair of the Personnel Committee. Sick leave credits do not have a cash out value and may only be used for approved sick leave.
Approved, September 18, 2019
Amended July 20, 2022 (COVID Pandemic)
Approved that the Employee Sick Leave Policy be amended to allow employees to be eligible for sick leave pay for a maximum of one week at their regular salary.