All events are at the Milton Community Hall and all require advance registration except yoga and coffee club.
– Coffee club every Monday and Friday morning 10 am-11am by donation
– Yoga – Wed at 1:30, Thurs at 10 am. $5 per session. Yoga will be held on the afternoon of Remembrance Day.
– The planning board meeting this month is tentatively scheduled for Monday, Nov. 30 at 6:30 p.m. Please RSVP to [email protected] if you wish to attend.
– Council meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month. Wed. Nov. 18 at 7:30 p.m. is the next meeting. These meetings are open to the public and if you are interested in attending please pre-register because of Covid restrictions.
– A special thank-you to Maritime Electric for 30 new maple and birch trees recently planted at the park.
– There are free young adult books at the hall. “Julian” and “Mister Doctor” Thanks to First Book Canada! Available while supplies last …great Christmas gifts, perhaps!
– Also at the hall has a supply shelf with dry goods so if you forget toilet paper at the store you could pick it up here. This is meant to help seniors, families and individuals during COVID-19.
– The Milton Community ‘Hall library’ is full of books for your reading enjoyment. Check the shelf beside the sign in desk and take one home. Free to borrow, or by donation. There is also a Little Free Library at the Community Park. There is also free public wi-fi at both places.
The municipality has six new Samsung tablets that can be borrowed by seniors to keep in contact with family and friends during the pandemic. If you know of any Miltonvale Park senior (55+) who would benefit from this (some training will be provided), please have them contact the Council Office – 902-368-3090.
Senior Pen pals – The municipality will provide stationery and stamps if anyone is interested in writing a letter to or becoming a pen pal with a local senior. If you are interested in receiving or writing letters, please contact the Council Office at [email protected] 902-368-3090.
Sunday, November 8 at 7 p.m. Movie Night at the Milton Community Hall – The Upside. Phillip is a wealthy quadriplegic who needs a caretaker to help him with his day-to-day routine in his New York penthouse. He decides to hire Dell, a struggling parolee who’s trying to reconnect with his ex and his young son. Despite coming from two different worlds, an unlikely friendship starts to blossom as Dell and Phillip rediscover the joy of living life to the fullest.
– Tuesday Nov 10 at 12 noon is the next Stories Fill Me Up for Miltonvale Park (and area) Seniors with Dutch Thompson. The Two Wars: Hong Kong and Germany will be the topic and stew and war cake are on the menu. RSVP to [email protected] For all the Stories Fill Me Up meals, in-person space is limited but meals can be picked up for local seniors (55+) or delivered to Miltonvale Park senior residents. You must pre-register by noon on Monday, November 9 to 902-368-3090 or [email protected]
– Thurs Nov 12 at 7 pm…Covid got you down? Plan to attend a talk about personal health and wellness during the winter months of the Pandemic through the Milton Community Hall Red Cross COVID project. Please. Please sign up on the Eventbrite link and be sure to bring a mask!
– Sat Nov 14, 9:30 am – 11:30 am, COVID 19 EMERGENCY SUPPORT administered by the Red Cross and the Milton Community Hall “Drive Thru Grocery Giveaway” to support local products and assist families and individuals will be held on Saturday November 14 from 9:30 -11:30 at the Milton Community Hall.
PLEASE REGISTER IN ADVANCE by contacting Shanda at [email protected] or call the hall at 902-566-3154 and leave a message for her with your name and phone number or address if you would like it to be delivered.
Baskets will contain local goods and produce from The PEI Salt Co, MacQuarrie Meats, Glasgow Glen Farm, the PEI Preserve Co, sanitizer from Deep Roots Distillery, Wintermoor Orchard, Veseys Seeds, ADL and more!
– Sun Nov 15, 6:30 pm Movie Night featuring Sonic The Hedgehog. By donation.
– Wed, Nov 18, noon, Miltonvale Park Seniors Stories Fill Me Up with Edwin Wall. “Lobster, Cod and Other Fish Tales” is the theme for this one and fish chowder is on the menu.
– Sun, Nov 22 7:00 pm, Movie Night. Goalie: The Terry Sawchuck Story.
– Thurs, Nov 26 noon, Miltonvale Park Seniors Stories Fill Me Up with Paul Workman. Stories of Living on Sable Island is the topic and cranberries, in some form will be on the menu.
– Thurs, Nov 26, 7 pm, Online Communications Information session
– Sun, Nov 29 7 pm, Movie Night. The Art of Racing in the Rain is the feature presentation. A good one for dog lovers it seems!!
– Thurs, Dec 3, noon, a Lunch and Learn with physiotherapist Rebecca Arenburg. Get helpful information on how to stay supple during the winter months or anytime.
– Tues, Dec 8, 5:00 pm, Miltonvale Park Seniors Stories Fill Me Up. No speaker or topic yet but if you would like to volunteer….
– Wednesday, December 9, 12 noon Lunch and Learn with Craig Mackie, PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada– “Why We Need Newcomers.” Funded by the PEI Seniors Secretariat.
– Wed, Dec 16, noon. The last of the Stories Fill Me Up series for 2020 with Dutch Thompson. Hoping he will bring stories of Christmas and snowstorms and Christmas dinner is on the menu.
– All movies are admission by donation. Space is limited.
– All Stories Fill Me Up meals and presentations are free, but donations are gratefully accepted, and pre-registration is requested 48 hours before each event.